Thursday, August 26, 2010

CURSING IS GOOD FOR YOU!

For years, my potty mouth as been a bone of contention between Jay and I. "You sound like a longshoreman," states Jay with annoyance. "Are you fucking kidding me? There isn't a longshoreman alive with a mouth as bad as mine," I reply. I think I'm hilarious. He so does not. In fact, it's the thing he likes the least about me, this potty mouth of mine.

It's not my fault. I can't help it. It's a bad habit. My favorite excuses. The truth is, I enjoy swearing and let's face it, there are times when nothing else will do. I wish I could exclaim, "Crumbs!" or "Darn!" when things go awry but I'm not cut from that cloth.

So imagine my glee when I read that swearing is good for you! It turns out that a potty mouth does more than earn your conversations an R rating: it actually relieves pain according to a new study. The study states that swearing has an analgesic, pain-lessening effect that could give Ibuprofen a run for its money. Somebody give these guys an award!! Of course, I knew this all along. I mean I always feel better after I've cursed a blue streak. Always!

Alas, this is great news for those of us who have no intention of changing our ways. So let's fucking celebrate, bitches!! (Sorry hon, but my headache is instantly gone!)

2 comments: