Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TOASTED COCONUT 8.0

Doing a fun quiz recently, the question of hair color arose. I didn't know which hair color I should choose: Sunflower gold of the 70's? Mousey brown of the 80's? Multi-colored, ever-changing hair of the 90's? Snow white hair from the last decade dyed blonde monthly? Our hair tells us a lot about ourselves and what we were going through at a certain time in history. Whether is was grown long in protest, cut short in liberation or spiral permed within in a inch of its life to meet the latest fashion trend. Each and every stage was marked by our hair.

Over the last 30 years my hair has been dyed, permed, feathered, back-combed, curled, bobbed, twisted, pinned, and hair sprayed until it's been left gasping. Its either been my crowning glory or my worst nightmare. I've bounced from the salon with perfectly cut hair feeling so happy and slinked from the salon with the worst perm ever thinking surely I would die. Do we give our hair too much power? After all, it's just hair is it not? Well, it's more than that. It's an extension of ourselves. A form of expression.

So, you're probably wondering what the answer to the question was. The answer is Toasted Coconut 8.0...multi tonal and fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. You have the Nicest hair i have ever seen....mmmm hair

    ReplyDelete