Saturday, January 30, 2010

POWDER TO THE PEOPLE!

What a day!! Saturday was our first trip to Hudson Bay Mountain in Smithers. It was the perfect day for snowboarding. The conditions were amazing with a 4' base, fresh powder and spring temperatures. The kids were so pumped to get on the mountain.

I must admit that the first run was a little daunting. It was hard to keep up to the rest of the gang. I always marvel at how fast the kids go and how unafraid they are. They could not go fast enough. I always try my best to keep up, but I just cannot bring myself to go down the mountain in a straight line. I'm always reminded of the old adage, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!! Of course, there is my expression, the older you are, the easier you break.

It was nice to have a family day together. Now that the kids are getting older, these days are becoming fewer and farther between. It's not easy to find something that we all like to do that will work with everyone's schedules. I cherish these times with my family!! We had a lot of laughs on Saturday, enjoyed the beautiful scenery and had one heck of a workout. It was the most fun we've had this winter!!

Dylan and I gearing up for our next run!

My world!

Smithers townsite from the triple chair.

1 comment: