Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BLOOM

You can't mistake a sunflower. How lovely is this flower with beauty that has captured the sun of a hundred sunny days? But the true beauty of a sunflower is not in its petals but rather in its spirit. Requiring little nourishment, the sunflower grows into one of the mightiest and brightest flowers in the garden.

I remember my surprise when I discovered a sunflower growing from discarded birdseed in the toughest of clay under our May tree. Such a kinship I felt with that little sunflower! I was on a rather tough journey at the time and that little sunflower reminded me of the need to bloom where I was planted. The lesson of the little sunflower has stayed with me over the years - whether it is the most fertile of soil or the toughest of clay, I must turn my face toward the sun and bloom. Bloom Sunflower Girl. Bloom.

3 comments:

  1. lovely lonnie..such a wonderful sentiment. You really are very talented.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered why you loved sunflowers so much.

    ReplyDelete